Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our Goal, in a Nutshell



As you may or may not know, our friend Sandra (organizer and head of the unofficial Mark Sheppard fan group) has had a rough go of it lately. Finances are tight, treatments are expensive, and the Bad News Gnu can't seem to get enough of bowling down poor Sandra's front door and wreaking metaphoric havoc on the breakables.

We as a community cannot cure her illness. We cannot protect her from hardship after the fact. Many of us can't even hug her in person.

But we can do our part to help her realize at least one dream.

Click "Donate" on the right-hand side of the page. From thirty cents to thirty dollars, please give whatever you can afford. Your donations, made direct to Sandra, will help fund a long-awaited trip to Atlanta, GA -- where she will finally be given the chance to meet Mark Sheppard in the flesh at Dragon*Con 2010.

Thank you all in advance for rallying behind a woman who has done so much to promote our geeky portion of fandom.

Learn more about Dragon*Con HERE.

Learn more about Hodgkins Lymphoma HERE.

(Site created and maintained by members of Mark Sheppard Fans online.)

3 comments:

  1. That animation is so cute!!!!

    Anyway, I am getting an auction together to raise money. So far we have a Leverage team art print, Eliot bookmarks, Nathan bookmarks, and a Solider of Fortune t-shirt. I am currently working on getting some more stuff (it isn't easy finding Mark Sheppard material but I was lucky enough to make some contact at a con a couple weeks). If you would like to donate items or help out, email me at rayhne @ gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've known Sandra for several years and she is truly, a sweet, funny, caring and wonderful lady. I am not a part of the Mark Sheppard group, but Sandra has told me about it, and how much fun it is.

    I met Sandra online when we both watched the show "While You Were Out" on TLC. We became friends and chatted about the show, our animals, families and lots of other stuff. Two years ago I was lucky to meet Sandra and her brother for lunch and we had a terrific time!

    I am praying everyday for Sandra to get well. I think it's a fabulous idea to help her get to
    Dragon*con, and I'm happy to help. I believe with the help of the Lord, her family, her doctors and all her friends that she will make a full recovery and get to that convention.

    Love you IguanaMom and may the Lord always be with you to keep you healthy, strong, happy and safe. Get well, best wishes always, Dayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too Dayle (and Rayhne). Thank you so much WV for creating this blog and trying to get me to meet Mark, you are a true sweetheart. Thank you Rayhne for the auction you are planning, you are also a truely sweet person. I've been very blessed to know all three of you and to call you my friends. (((Dayle))), (((Rayhne))),(((WV))).

    Love the video. Funny and touching. My younger brother has informed that I must never ever dance like in the video in real life. I didn't think it was so bad. I got a kick out of the fact that Animated Mark's sunglasses had no ear things on the side.

    Love and God Bless,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete